After much prayer and deliberation, the board is excited to announce we have asked Emery Nickerson to become the next superintendent.
Emery is a Cedarville University graduate for both his undergraduate and Masters in Education and is working on completing his doctorate this year through Columbia International University. He has spent 19 years in teaching and leadership roles in Christian schools: Emmanuel Christian Academy in Springfield, Ohio, Ben Lippen School in Columbia, South Carolina, and Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. Currently, Emery serves as the Assistant Headmaster for Instruction at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy.
Emery recently sent a message to the LCA community:
I am so excited to be joining the LCA family in just a few months as a partner in the mission to educate students in a Christian worldview and to develop character, that students might be prepared for their calling as godly servant leaders and enabled as innovative and wise world-changers. I am grateful to the board for inviting me, and I am looking forward to getting to know the many families, students and staff that make LCA a special place to learn and grow. LCA's history, love for community, and humility in mission are unique and inviting.
As Paul prayed for the Colossians (1:9-10), my family has been praying for you, that you would be filled with the knowledge of God's will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
I'd like to share a few things about me:
- I love God, His Word, His children, and His creation. I enjoy spending time in, learning about, and teaching others about God's Word and world.
- I like to learn about and experience new things, particularly other cultures, languages, and traditional foods.
- I find math fun and enjoy solving difficult problems. I consider well-designed spreadsheets art, and data analysis excites me.
- I love to read, especially a good story.
And about my family:
- My wife, Allison, and I have been married for 18 years. We met on an English as a Second Language ministry teaching team as students at Cedarville University. I married up. My wife inspires me to know God better.
- God has given us two boys. Micah will be entering the eight grade, and Judah will be in the seventh grade in the fall.
- Our dog Joey is a well-loved member of our family. Joey was a stray before he found us, and we're not exactly sure what kind of dog he is. He's a little guy weighing in at only 8 pounds.
- My family enjoys playing games, spending time outside, watching football, and eating ice cream together.
We are looking forward to officially joining the LCA family over the summer. Until then, know that we will continue praying for you, and we would appreciate your prayers as well. May God's name be praised as we endeavor together toward the education of His children. Go Knights!
Did you get a copy of this reminder? Continuous Enrollment means no new paperwork to fill out. No new fees.
Support Legacy with Script!
Scrip accounts allow you to buy and use e-gift cards on the go, and rebates are earned with every gift card you purchase. A portion of the money earned goes to help the school and a portion of the money can be applied to your child's tuition/fees. Since we started the program at LCA in November, one family has already earned $145 for the school with a matching $145 for tuition!
To set up your online Scrip account, please print and fill out the attached Scrip Program Agreement, and return it to the school office. An e-mail with a link to set up your account will be sent to you. For more information on Scrip visit www.ShopWithScrip.com.
For questions, please e-mail Andrea at Scrip@LegacyKnights.org.