The mission of Legacy Christian Academy is to partner with Christian parents in their Biblical responsibility to train their children to be Christ-like and to fulfill God's purpose for their lives in the home, church, and society. Our faculty and staff are dedicated professionals who strive to develop young people into godly men and women of integrity who will serve their churches, their workplaces, and their world.
The graphic on the right is a great visual to showcase what we work to accomplish with each of our secondary students at LCA. Everything we do is centered on Jesus Christ... the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2). Because of what Christ has done for us, we work diligently to train and disciple young people to develop Godly Character, so that in every walk of life... in relationships, in the classroom, in the workplace, on the athletic field... every walk of life... they understand what it is to demonstrate Christ-like character.
Beyond that, we equip our students with the knowledge and the skill to be a Confident Apologist for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is vital that, when our students graduate and leave our school, they are able to give a reasoned defense of their faith in Jesus Christ (1 Peter 3:15).
With that in mind, we train our students to be able to use words, both written and spoken, as Articulate Communicators. Not everyone is designed to be a public speaker, but we all can learn to use the skills of good communication to better impact the world around us.
As we live in an ever-changing and sinful world that is full of philosophies that are compelling but not Biblical, it is essential that our students be Discerning Thinkers, able to determine the difference between the truth and a lie. It has never been more apparent that Satan is at work trying to lead our children astray. Ephesians 6 speaks of putting on the Armor of God to protect us from the spiritual forces of evil. Our students are given the opportunity to develop their minds in a way that will prepare them for these battles in their own lives as well as to be world-changers in whatever path God has intended for them.
Following the example of Christ in his time on earth, we make the value of Servant Leader a priority and provide our students with opportunities to serve those around them. From serving their fellow students, to serving in our own community, and even going beyond our borders into other parts of the world, our students are encouraged (and required) to give of themselves for the needs of others.
AT LCA, our students are challenged to work hard and accomplish much. We are able to provide additional assistance for those who need it through our Intervention program. We also are able to provide advanced learning opportunities for those who need the extra challenge, through our Dual Credit program and College Credit Plus (please see Guidance section of this website).
Legacy Christian Academy's high school serves students in grades 7 through 12 and is housed on the 253-acre Athletes in Action campus (formerly the site of Ohio Veterans' Children's Home). LCA is located 1 mile from Route 35 and approximately 20 minutes from Interstate 71 and Interstate 75.
- Library with 5,896 volumes (13,334 volumes combined with the elementary school)
- Computer lab
- Shares a campus with Legacy Christian Academy's elementary school
- Intervention Program for students with mild to moderate learning disabilities
- Chapel each Thursday, Bible class each day, Bible memory (ESV, KJV)
- Experienced, dedicated and certified teachers
- Honors & Advanced Placement course offerings
- Dual credit course options
- Online course options
- College Credit Plus options
- Student/teacher average ratio: 20/1
- Spiritual Emphasis Days
- Fall and spring instrumental and vocal concerts
- Field trips
- Competitive athletic program for Jr High to High school athletes
- Fine Arts: band, strings, concert choir, spring theatre production, ACSI & OMEA competitions
- Leadership opportunities: National Honor Society, Student Government
Click here to learn more about school districts that provide busing to LCA.
High school news and announcements:
- The Knightly News (weekly email)
- Legacy Christian Academy Facebook Page
- Legacy Christian Academy Twitter Page
- The Legacy Christian Academy Drama Department Facebook Page