EdChoice Expansion Scholarship
The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship is available based on family income criteria.
The window for applications for the EdChoice Scholarship opens February 1, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: Families are responsible for the LCA application fee or reenrollment fee for each student. To learn more about the EdChoice Scholarship Program please visit the EdChoice Ohio website. For any questions regarding the admissions process, please contact us at 937-352-1640 or email@example.com.
NEW FAMILY Instructions:
For the 2020-21 school year, families NOT living in the Dayton Public School district who have a NEW incoming kindergarten, first, second, third, fourth or fifth grader can apply for the Expansion Scholarship if their family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For the Federal Poverty Guidelines, please click HERE.
- Determine if your child is going to qualify for the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship using the Federal Poverty Guideines.
- Apply and be accepted into Legacy Christian Academy.
- Apply for the EdChoice Expansion Scholarship.
RENEWING FAMILY Instructions:
Students who are currently receiving an EdChoice scholarship can renew the scholarship for the 2019-2020 school year as long as they meet the following requirements:
- They take all required state achievement tests for their grade level
- They do not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year; and
- They do not move out of the school district in which they became eligible.
Parents of renewal students who meet these requirements must complete the EdChoice Scholarship Renewal Form and submit it, along with a copy of a current utility bill, to LCA for the 2020-21 school year.
LCA will submit a renewal for your child through the online EdChoice Scholarship application system.
Check the Federal Poverty Guidelines chart for Renewal EdChoice Expansion Scholarship. If you meet the income requirements for your household size and you want to have your income verified to determine if you qualify for low income status, obtain a copy of the Income Verification Form. Complete the Income Verification Form and submit it, along with supporting income documents, to the address listed on the form by the listed deadline to substantiate your income.
**Please note: Expansion Families with a household income of 201% or higher are responsible for paying any tuition difference not covered by the scholarship. If you have questions, please contact the LCA office at 937-352-1640.**
In July/August, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) will notify by mail those parents who applied during the first application period about whether or not their child has been awarded a scholarship.
In July/August, ODE will notify by mail those parents who apply for the scholarship during the second application period about whether or not their child has been awarded a scholarship.
What will I need as a part of my EdChoice application?
- A copy of your student's Birth Certificate (which you will have already submitted to the office as a part of your school application)
- A copy of your Proof of Address (You can see acceptable forms of address verification HERE.)
- For incoming Kindergarten students and incoming students who were attending a charter/community school MUST obtain a Letter of Assignment from the Dayton Public School which you will need to obtain at your DPS registration.
- EdChoice Scholarship Request Form
- Income Verification Form
Please bring the above items to your interview with our principal. At the completion of your successful interview with one of our Legacy Christian Academy principals, you will complete your EdChoice application in the office by turning in the above forms. An admissions representative will submit your EdChoice Application to the state office.
In July/August of 2020, the Ohio Department of Education/EdChoice Scholarship program staff will notify parents about whether or not their student has been awarded a scholarship.