Applying to Legacy Christian Academy with your EdChoice scholarship might seem overwhelming, so we trust that the following steps will be helpful for you.
The window for applications for the EdChoice Scholarship opened July 1, 2017 and runs through July 31, but all applications must be received in the Legacy Christian Academy office by July 20. PLEASE NOTE: Families are responsible for the LCA application fee or reenrollment fee for each student. To learn more about the EdChoice Scholarship Program please visit the EdChoice Ohio website. For any questions regarding the admissions process, please contact us at 937-352-1640 or email@example.com.
There are two types of EdChoice Scholarships available:
EdChoice Expansion Scholarship – based on income
EdChoice Scholarship- based on whether or not you live in an underperforming school district
EdChoice Expansion Scholarship
For the 2017-18 school year, families NOT living in the Dayton Public School district who have a NEW incoming kindergarten, first, second, third, or fourth grader can apply for the Expansion Scholarship if their family income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For the Federal Poverty Guidelines, please click HERE.
Determine if your child is going to qualify for the EdChoice Expansion scholarship.
Apply and be accepted into Legacy Christian Academy.
Apply for the EdChoice Expansion scholarship.
Determine if your student is eligible for the EdChoice Scholarship based on the following criteria:
- Students currently attending a public school in their resident district that has been rated in Academic Emergency or Academic Watch for two of the past three years are eligible to apply.
- Public school students attending a school in their resident district that will be assigned to such a school in the upcoming school year are also eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending a charter/community school whose home school is an eligible school on our list are also eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending a Private School (K-12) are not eligible.
You can locate an EdChoice eligible school by CLICKING HERE.
If eligible, then:
Apply and be accepted into Legacy Christian Academy. Once your student has been accepted to LCA, then you may start your EdChoice application.
Apply for the Ed Choice Scholarship.
What will I need as a part of my EdChoice application?
- A copy of your student's Birth Certificate (which you will have already submitted to the office as a part of your school application)
- A copy of your Proof of Address (You can see acceptable forms of address verification HERE.)
- For incoming Kindergarten students and incoming students who were attending a charter/community school MUST obtain a Letter of Assignment from the Dayton Public School which you will need to obtain at your DPS registration.
- EdChoice Scholarship Request Form
- Income Verification Form – applies only to those who will qualify for the EdChoice Expansion program which is based on income. You will need to submit this form and the required income documents to EdChoice directly as instructed on the form.
Please bring the above items to your interview with our principal. At the completion of your successful interview with one of our Legacy Christian Academy principals, you will complete your EdChoice application in the office by turning in the above forms. An admissions representative will submit your EdChoice Application to the state office.
In July 2017, the Ohio Department of Education/EdChoice Scholarship program staff will notify parents about whether or not their student has been awarded a scholarship.