Upper Elementary Educator, Full-time
An LCA upper elementary teacher (4th-6th grade) is called to educate and equip leaders for Christ within his or her classroom and other interactions with the LCA student body. Each elementary educator is responsible for teaching grade level appropriate classes, collaborating with other faculty in revising and developing the elementary curriculum at LCA, and performing any other non-teaching duties as assigned by administration.
Legacy Christian Academy, founded in 1967 as Xenia Christian Day School, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational PreK-12 school that seeks to equip leaders for Christ. Students meet admissions standards both academically and spiritually. LCA’s 450 students come from a 5-county area. LCA is located on the historic site of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Orphan’s Home and facilities include four buildings: two academic buildings, a gymnasium, and a 750-seat auditorium. LCA also uses athletic fields located on the Athletes In Action campus, located within walking distance from the school. LCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Passion to teach upper elementary students in a Christian environment with the mission of Equipping Leaders for Christ
- A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment
- Interest in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology into the classroom to support student learning
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary education
- Obtain an ODE issued certificate to teach in an Ohio nonpublic school prior to employment
- Demonstrated experience in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology into the classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning
- Ability and interest in involvement in the LCA co-curricular program (related experience preferred)