theater director, part-time
The LCA Theater Director/Producer is responsible for overseeing the artistic vision and execution of multiple theater productions, both dramatic and musical, throughout each school year. The director recruits and collaborates with teams of students (acting, set design and building, stage crew, tech crew), faculty, adult volunteers, musicians, and technical support to ensure Christ-honoring, cohesive, engaging, and quality performances. The Director/Producer oversees rehearsals and all aspects of the theater program.
Legacy Christian Academy, founded in 1967 as Xenia Christian Day School, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational PreK-12 school that seeks to equip leaders for Christ. Students meet admissions standards both academically and spiritually. LCA’s 540 students come from a 5-county area. LCA is located on the historic site of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Orphan’s Home and facilities include four buildings: two academic buildings, a gymnasium, and a 750-seat auditorium. LCA also uses athletic fields located on the Athletes in Action campus, located within walking distance from the school. LCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Full support for LCA’s mission, vision, and core values
- Passion to support the fine arts department and theater program in a Christian environment with the mission of Equipping Leaders for Christ
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Successful administrative and project management experience
- Ability to work independently
- Fluency with the Google Apps suite and Microsoft Office
- Ability to recruit, manage and maintain vendor and volunteer relationships
- Availability for some evening work hours
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field preferred
- Experience in fine arts and/or theater at the secondary, collegiate or professional level strongly preferred
- State of Ohio certification/licensure or the ability to obtain certification/licensure prior to employment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, LCA application, personal Christian testimony, resume, statement regarding Equipping Leaders for Christ, and philosophy of Christian education to Mandie Passage, email@example.com.