The LCA librarian is called to educate and equip leaders for Christ within the school library/media center and in other interactions with the LCA student body. The librarian is responsible for all aspects of library/media center operations including collaboration with faculty to support the curriculum. Other duties may be assigned by the administration.
Legacy Christian Academy, founded in 1967 as Xenia Christian Day School, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational PreK-12 school that seeks to equip leaders for Christ. Students meet admissions standards both academically and spiritually. LCA’s 540 students come from a 5-county area. LCA is located on the historic site of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Orphan’s Home, and facilities include four buildings: two academic buildings, a gymnasium, and a 750-seat auditorium. LCA also uses athletic fields located on the Athletes in Action campus, located within walking distance from the school. LCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Full support for LCA’s mission, vision, and core values
- Passion to work as a librarian in a Christian environment with the mission of Equipping Leaders for Christ
- A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment encouraging a growth mindset
- Excellent people skills
- Knowledge in cataloguing and research methods
- Ability to develop the print and digital library collections, serving grades PreK-12 as well as faculty
- Organizational and multitasking ability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interest in innovatively and appropriately utilizing technology (including Chromebooks) to support student learning
- Computer fluency, including Google Apps suite
- General administrative skills
- Bachelor degree in library science or a related field
- Obtain an ODE issued certificate to teach in an Ohio nonpublic school prior to employment
- ACSI certification or ability to obtain ACSI certification prior to employment
- Master degree in library and information science, or a related field
- State of Ohio teaching certificate
- Three years’ experience teaching/working in a school library
- Demonstrated experience in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology (including Chromebooks) into the library/classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning
- Ability and interest in involvement in the LCA co-curricular program (related experience preferred)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, LCA application, resume, statement regarding Equipping Leaders for Christ, philosophy of Christian education, and personal Christian testimony to Mandie Passage, email@example.com.