elementary Principal, Full-time
The LCA Elementary Principal is called to equip leaders for Christ by overseeing the elementary school program (grades PreK-6), providing academic, spiritual, student-life, and student-discipline leadership. The principal bears responsibility to build a teaching/learning culture of growth and joy at the elementary level, maximizing the LCA experience for elementary students and faculty/staff while also ensuring compliance with state requirements, ACSI accreditation, and LCA policy. The Elementary Principal is a member of the LCA leadership team, helping to shape overall organizational direction in addition to overseeing the elementary program.
Legacy Christian Academy, founded in 1967 as Xenia Christian Day School, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational PreK-12 school that seeks to equip leaders for Christ. Students meet admissions standards both academically and spiritually. LCA’s 540 students come from a 5-county area. LCA is located on the historic site of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Orphan’s Home and facilities include four buildings: two academic buildings, a gymnasium, and a 750-seat auditorium. LCA also uses athletic fields located on the Athletes in Action campus, located within walking distance from the school. LCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Full support for LCA’s mission, vision, philosophy, core values, and statement of faith
- Passion to serve in a Christian environment with the mission of Equipping Leaders for Christ
- Mature Christian faith and knowledge of the Bible with the ability to winsomely and compassionately articulate a thorough, biblical response to complex issues
- Balanced, relational leadership style: Innovative, charismatic, and a team player with strong team building skills
- Understanding of Christian education, Christian worldview integration, human development, and Ohio elementary school requirements
- Demonstrated experience in bringing technology into the classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both expressive and listening
- A student-centered educational philosophy
- Five years of successful classroom teaching experience at the elementary level
- Master’s degree in education, educational leadership, or a related field
- ACSI Elementary Principal certification, All Levels Principal certification, or the ability to obtain certification prior to employment
- State of Ohio certification/licensure or the ability to obtain certification/licensure prior to employment
- Experience using RenWeb as a school management system
- Five years of successful classroom teaching experience at the elementary level in a Christian school environment
- Five years of successful educational leadership experience at the elementary level, preferably in a Christian school environment
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, LCA application, personal Christian testimony, resume, statement regarding Equipping Leaders for Christ, and philosophy of Christian education to Mandie Passage, email@example.com.