ELEMENTARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH EDUCATOR, PART-time
The LCA elementary physical education and health teacher is called to equip leaders for Christ within the classroom and through other interactions with the LCA student body. Each educator is responsible for teaching, collaborating with other faculty in revising and developing the physical education and health curriculum at LCA, and performing any other non-teaching duties as assigned by administration.
Legacy Christian Academy, founded in 1967 as Xenia Christian Day School, is a private, college-preparatory, non-denominational PreK-12 school that seeks to equip leaders for Christ. Students meet admissions standards both academically and spiritually. LCA’s 540 students come from a 5-county area. LCA is located on the historic site of the Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Orphan’s Home, and facilities include four buildings: two academic buildings, a gymnasium, and a 750-seat auditorium. LCA also uses athletic fields located on the Athletes in Action campus, located within walking distance from the school. LCA is fully committed to maintaining an ethnically/culturally diverse faculty and student body within a biblical community.
- Full support for LCA’s mission, vision, and core values
- Passion to teach physical education and health in a Christian environment with the mission of Equipping Leaders for Christ.
- A clear desire and ability to teach in a student-centered learning environment encouraging a growth mindset
- Interest in innovatively and appropriately utilizing technology (including Chromebooks) to support student learning
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in physical and/or health education, elementary education, or a closely related field
- Obtain an ODE issued certificate to teach in an Ohio nonpublic school prior to employment
- ACSI certification or ability to obtain ACSI certification in physical education and health prior to employment
- State of Ohio teaching certificate, Grades K-6 physical education and health
- Five years’ experience teaching physical education and health in grades K-6 at various levels
- Demonstrated experience in innovatively and appropriately bringing technology (including Chromebooks) into the classroom to amplify and accelerate student learning
- Ability and interest in involvement in the LCA co-curricular program (related experience preferred)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, LCA application, resume, statement regarding Equipping Leaders for Christ, philosophy of Christian education, and personal Christian testimony to Mandie Passage, firstname.lastname@example.org.